Some of the characteristics of the Perlite. for which it is recognized. They may be:
- Tolerates excess irrigation due to its drainage capacity.
- It is very comfortable and manageable due to its low weight.
- Its size remains unchanged.
- It does not absorb water but it retains it on its surface. improving the water retention capacity of the substrate.
- Mixed with other substrates in good proportion. as land by - example. improves its structure. favors the development of roots by - creating gaps (macro and micropores) improving total porosity.
- It beneficially influences the aeration of the substrate. essential for the roots.
- Contributes to the non-caking of the substrate over time.